For Key points and assessment of the Federal Government's COVID-delayed budget, please read our Budget Notes - at least the Budget and its analysis nudged COVID off the headlines of newspapers ... for a little bit anyway.
2020 has been a long, hard year for many, and the long weekend seemed to have come at a good time for a lot of people - a time when we usually find ourselves starting to look forward to the end of the year and the Summer break, but especially so this year.
When we stop and think about about it though, a lot still lies ahead:
- the Queensland State election
- decisions around border restrictions - will they or won't they lift them ... and when?
- how will JobKeeper R2 and other economic measures impact conditions and confidence
- the US Presidential election - not to mention the debates!
- Term 4 for schools - always a busy and challenging time for kids and parents alike
- NRL and AFL finals - with the AFL Grand Final being historically hosted here in Brisbane (go the Lions)
- Melbourne Cup Carnival - although this year, perhaps not as we know and love it
And of course the imminent countdown to Christmas and the New Year ... what will 2021 bring? Dare we imagine!
Nonetheless, in the meantime, let's see what Budget measures get over the line.